• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

A book every teeng girl should read

whit3tig3y

I read this book only a few months ago, and I was blown away by it. In my opinion it is a book that every teen girl should read. Or atleast every teen girl that is worried about their weight should read. It certainly is an eye opener.

The book is called Stick Figure by Lori Gottlieb. It is a true story about a girl who progressively becomes anorexic written in the form of the diary. It is based on the diarys of the author who went through this experience when she was younger. It is written in a fashion that everyone can understand it, and everyone can see where the author is coming from.

I really don't think I can put into words how much I love this book. Has anyone else read it?

i'll have to check it out.

i would also recommend "Loose Girl" by Kerry Cohen to you.
it's one of those books that any girl can relate to, but you just hate to admit that you've felt that way.

Thats really sounds interesting.....but i have read this book ...book is really good and you are absouletely right that every teen girl should read this

I had anorexia for many years. I haven't read the book, but would a book about over-eating fatties be allowed in these PC days?

I had anorexia for many years. I haven't read the book, but would a book about over-eating fatties be allowed in these PC days?

I don't quite understand your comment about political correctness.

At any rate, we live in a time where books are about the only things left that can be politically incorrect, ironically graduated from days of book-banning and burning.

I knew a couple of girls with eating disorders, I wonder if reading such things would have helped them or just made them feel worse... I know for one of them it wouldn't have magically changed her, though.

Hi,

You are absolutely right.I have read the book and can tell you that the writing style of the book is utterly different from the others and it has the content which every teen girl should read once.

Thank you Whit, I have not heard about this book "Stick Figure" its new to me, But sure its tempting to read now itself. And sure i will educe this to my daughter ofcourse i am with two daughters both attended tean ages hope this will helps them in future.:)

Back