• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

A collective story from "The Book Forum"

Motokid

There are many people here of many different backgrounds. When we loose power at my house I play a game with my family. I start telling a story. A few sentences. Then we take turns making the story go wherever we wish it to go. Each person can only say a few sentences, and every person must speak before the cycle can then repeat itself.

I wonder what would happen here if collectively, we created a story? Maybe a moderator could start, and then the only guideline would be that once you post, you may not post again until 10 other people have had a turn. That way one person can not overwhelm the story with their specific brand of flatulence.

Maybe after one month the story ends and a new one is begun?

What do you think? A fun way to pass the winter time?

Each person gets no more than 5 sentences. There must be at least 10 other posts after yours before you can post again. Would a Moderator like to try this exercise? Would forum readers like to take a stab at authorship?

Yeah

Just like that. Cool. I'll read it when I have more time.

It appears there was no limit to the amount each person contributed.
My guidelines would make a new one completely different. But if you've already done such an exercise, and people are not clammoring for more that's cool. I can't wait to see what you guys created.

Here ya go

Erik woke with the sour taste of puke in his mouth.
The empty bottle of Jack Daniel’s on the floor almost seemed to be laughing at him.
As he turned over to shake the cobwebs from his head,
there was a set of eyes staring back at him.
It’s been at least 20 years since Erik last pissed himself.

Those eyes balls lay cast adrift in sick silk red crimson blood
morning light hit those beautiful blue twin beauties to glitter
set calm in a small ocean of blood
Amid the blood and the urine lay the ruin of his soul all tattered and torn
the slick sweaty metallic gun in his hand drifted in lazy beauty to his head

contribution

The dog licked his toe. It felt good. It felt as if someone cared.

"C'mere Trotsky. Where's daddy's pup?"

Trotsky leapt up onto the bed to join the happy couple. One big happy family!

Back