• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

"A Complicated Kindness"

kayz

Hi everyone I'm new to the form (not sure how this forum works)Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone has read the novel "A Complicated Kindness" By Miriam Towes.

Hi kayz,

Sorry no one responded to this earlier. I haven't read this book. Have you? What's it like?

Hi kayz! I'm afraid I haven't read this book, but I wanted to say Welcome to the Forum. :)

kayz said:
Hi everyone I'm new to the form (not sure how this forum works)Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone has read the novel "A Complicated Kindness" By Miriam Towes.

Hi,
Sorry but Not read it or heard of it before, So many good books out there.

Hope you enjoy yourself here
:)

I know this post is very old and sorry for bringing it back up I haven't been able to check back here for a while and I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for welcoming me here. :eek:

P.S. if you dont hear/see from me alot thats cuz I'll probably be doing alot more browsing around than posting :) ty

I read it... finished it last night actually. The premise was good, and I liked the blend of dry humor and angsty drama. Could have done without the overlong sentences and stream-of-consciousness style, and some parts did drag on. Still, I enjoyed it.

Anamnesis said:
I read it... finished it last night actually. The premise was good, and I liked the blend of dry humor and angsty drama. Could have done without the overlong sentences and stream-of-consciousness style, and some parts did drag on. Still, I enjoyed it.

I just started it today and I like it very much but sometimes it does ramble a bit and I have to read over a paragraph. I made it about 1/3 through today, it is a quick read.

I finished yesturday and all in all I didn't like it, the second half of the book really dragged on, the rambling style of the book started to get a tad annoying to me. By the end it had felt like it was entirely too long (although it was only 245 pgs) and I really had to push myself through it. The story seemed to get more confusing and grim as it went on and it lost what I liked about the first 1/3 of it along the way.

Back