• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

A Forester's Bloodtale Wondering

manuscriptx

Sitting across from me is the apparition which seeks my heart and soul. He knows me.
Off in the distance a slight tear in the fabric of emotion, I hear the faint scream and wail of a man in distress. ‘Leave it alone.' He says. Squinting in apathy I agreed.
Through the sand and fog, misty moist atmosphere, a dark and bleak night spent in swamp land, where was I? I felt right at home. Where you all knew I would end up.

Do I swallow my madness or let it lead me? Do I fear not, or let it dream of me?
Do I lie down upon a star and dream of the future? No, I already know what it is.
Bleak and replete with misfortune, thirty three years beating the drum of an already public and daunting existence, nodding my head yes, there was no debate here now or anywhere else. This is what I mean, understand the within. Stuck in my head I can't get it out and make you understand. It's so obvious, it's right here in front of everything, perched upon a branch, staring back at you, the wholly crow above me, and black as a satin sun while dark as a midnight hole beyond the stars. Look across the bay and see the seepage and smiles. Sunlight is gone; the children for the morrow are hate and dying. I get what I want.

Touch the iris, the cornea, the anus, the begotten, the wimple atrophy, the stowaway and right side. Laugh at death. Laugh at life and laugh at the people having it better than you.
My bleeding teeth touching the mystic rain of fate, scooping up a white virtue of a personal tragedy.

Comparables...

Hi Manuscriptx - check out some old (1930) thoughts that strike a chord perhaps with what the writer in your passage is feeling:

'No no - you mustn't be serious...it's just what they want. Laugh at everything...be flippant!...laugh at everything, all their sacred shibboleths. Flippancy brings out the acid in their damned sweetness and light.'

Noel Coward

Back