• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

A grand hello to you all...

Mr.Marnier

Good Day to you!

I've been quietly labouring away against the unrelenting tidal wave of books I seem to accumulate, all the while unaware of what appears to be a lively forum where I might converse with others perhaps experiencing something similar!

I'm a native Britisher now living in Western Canada, avid reader, and looking forward to learning more about you all, and jumping into some lively, book-induced conversation!

Welcome. You will find many to commiserate with about the ever-growing pile of to-be-read books. :)

hello.gif

And we do have other discussions also, only tangentially book-induced. :D

Big welcome
Peder

Hello Mr. Marnier,
How on Earth do you put up with the weather over there?
Enjoy the discussions.

A good question sir, I'm not sure I've figured that one out yet! Firstly, I am no fan of rain - so my native land wasn't much help there either, I won't claim to have acclimatized to -40 Celsius yet when it happens, I'm not sure I believe anyone can even achieve such a thing...

For the most part - it is very dry here, also the sunniest place in Canada - so if you can invest in some very good warm clothing for the days of silly temperatures (or better yet stay at home) then you can look forward to a nice spring / summer, and for me the real draw is that I'm close to the Rocky Mountains, which I absolutely love.

Back