• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

*A Harry Potter Book Could Make You Rich In Under A Day*

teadude

kickbox
Yes you DID read correctly, a Harry Potter book can make you rich in PERHAPS in under a day! The first ever harry potter book, The Philosophers Stone, wrote by the famous award winning, J.K. Rowling, there was only ever 500 first editions made. So a first edition harry potter book could be worth over £10,000! See below to see what you have to do:

Step 1 - Go and fetch your Harry Potter book and look at the first few pages at the copyright page. If it has a number in there going from 10 all the way to 1 then you have a first edition, VERY lucky!

Step 2 - If you want to keep the book and hope that the value will go up then do so. But if you can't wait for that then either put it on a bidding site like Ebay or sell it somewhere else.

Step 3 - If you do sell it or put it up for auction make sure you put it up for quite a high price, prefably if it is signed, then put it up for between £8000-£10000. Beleive me if you state what it is, people will almost defiantly buy it!

Step 4 - If it is still up for bid just wait until it finishes, then tadaa! You have your self a lot of money just by having a first edition Harry Potter book, so don't lose your books!

All of this is just advice for people who WANT to sell there book, it is not my responsibility if it dosn't sell for as much as I stated, but that is the average correct value of the book. If you read this, following all this advice is completely optional and YOUR desicion. Thanks for reading.

That's right Mari. Plus there seems to be a lot of confusion among eBay sellers and others (including teadude above) about the difference between a first edition and a first printing. The number line 10 to 1 concerns the number of printings, not whether it's a first edition. For example the first printing of the paperback would have a 10 to 1 number line on it, but that doesn't make it a first edition. Same with the 'deluxe' (cough) clothbound edition.

A first edition is the first format of the book which was ever published. There can never, therefore, be a "first edition first printing" of the paperback, or the deluxe edition, or the 'commemorative' (ie film tie-in) edition even if they have a 10 to 1 number line. They would be second edition first printing, third edition first printing or whatever.

ValkyrieRaven88 said:
Ah, well, I know I don't have it and I know I can't afford it and that's all that matters! ^-^
Lol, I have a first edition Prisoner Of Azkaban with the spelling error. And its a first print so its worth around £1000 because its not signed :(

Don't want to flog a dead horse, teadude, but is a first edition Prisoner of Azkaban really all that valuable? Don't forget this was the first Harry Potter book which was so widely anticipated, the release actually featured on the BBC news bulletins! I remember how they held back release (which was on the usual book release date of Thursday, rather the the Saturday of subsequent volumes) until 3:30pm so that pupils didn't have to skip school to get it as soon as it came out. I remember also the footage on the news clips of huge storage cages of copies of Azkaban in bookshops, which had an initial print run of 270,000. Given that most of those will still be in existence (held on to by folk like teadude who believe it to be valuable), that means there are probably around a quarter of a million first editions knocking about. That being the case, I think £1,000 would be a bit steep as they're as common as muck.

But then, the value is determined by what people are prepared to pay, and if there are other folk out there who think it's worh £1,000 and are prepared to stump up that amount, then that's precisely what it's worth. There's an old adage here about a fool and his money, but it has temporarily escaped my mind.

True, limited edition, first editions of any book are rare and therefore considered valuable. The value depends on the popularity of the author as well as the condition of the book. Thus, first editions of any HP book will be valuable.

True, limited edition, first editions of any book are rare and therefore considered valuable.

Sadly there's nothing limited or rare about first editions of the recent Harry Potter books, and therefore nothing valuable about them. Half Blood Prince had a first print run in the US of almost 11 million copies, and in the UK of about four million! That's why the first editions on sale on eBay at the moment are all below cover price, usually around 99p. There are so many millions of first editions of this book around that they're effectively worthless.

Shade said:
Don't want to flog a dead horse, teadude, but is a first edition Prisoner of Azkaban really all that valuable? Don't forget this was the first Harry Potter book which was so widely anticipated, the release actually featured on the BBC news bulletins! I remember how they held back release (which was on the usual book release date of Thursday, rather the the Saturday of subsequent volumes) until 3:30pm so that pupils didn't have to skip school to get it as soon as it came out. I remember also the footage on the news clips of huge storage cages of copies of Azkaban in bookshops, which had an initial print run of 270,000. Given that most of those will still be in existence (held on to by folk like teadude who believe it to be valuable), that means there are probably around a quarter of a million first editions knocking about. That being the case, I think £1,000 would be a bit steep as they're as common as muck.

But then, the value is determined by what people are prepared to pay, and if there are other folk out there who think it's worh £1,000 and are prepared to stump up that amount, then that's precisely what it's worth. There's an old adage here about a fool and his money, but it has temporarily escaped my mind.

Acctaully the accurate value of it IS around about £1000, bbc says it, JKR says it and many fan sites say it :)

I've got an original Avesta, what do you think it probably costs if I decide to sell it?

Hereby I wanna say that I never sell an Avesta because it carries the truth about the universe and these truths don't imply anyway.

And Zeba Says: "... Is that you, Aharamoozda? Do you know you will inspire the light out of my stomach to the universe?

Back