• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

A list of books with interesting comments

Sitaram

kickbox
http://www.numberseventy.co.uk/recommended novels.htm

Some of you might enjoy browsing through this list, which I discovered while searching on Proulx.

Of The Shipping News it says:

I spent the first 55 pages of this novel wondering what could possibly be interesting about the journalist hero, a failure at everything. But then, on a long drive with his family and smelly dog, he comes up with the headline "Dog Farts Fell Family of Four" - and it takes off from there.

You do like a good old surf don't you Sitaram!

I wonder if the Big Read mentioned here is the BBC Big Read?

Anyway, drifting off topic for a second, this comment:

"Opening an O'Brian novel in this series satisfies like settling down in one's seat as the curtain goes up on the York Theatre Royal pantomime - I know I am going to enjoy every minute and lose myself in another world."

made me all nostalgic for my home town...and the guy's right, the York Theatre Royal pantomime (always starring the brilliant Berwick Kaller) is hands down the best you'll find in the country...

Yes, Sita, thanks. I love a book list, especially with a little commentary here and there, to get a feel.

Back