• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

A psychological thriller

James1der

I am new here and am desperate.
I found a phsycological thriller about 10 years ago that I really liked, the series had about 5 books and every book title in the series had the word " blood " in it. Unfortunately, I can't remember the author's name, but I can give you the plot of the first book. Hopefully someone somewhere will recognize it and remember the author and share it with me, please!
Plot: a young boy has a physically abusive and neglectful alchoholic father to raise him. The local authorities take the boy away from the abusive alchoholic father and give him to his grandfather to raise, unfortunately, the grandfather sexually abuses the boy, in the name of love, which turns the boy into a serial killer after his grandfather dies. The boy takes his victims and slowly drains their body fluids, like a mortition would, only the victims are still alive. An investigator, with a dark side of his own, investigates the series of murders with gruesome results. Ring a bell? Please help!

Welcome James! I haven't read many thrillers, so I'm afraid I'm not much help - though I did just try searching for it. :) I've sent a message to our resident Crime/Mystery/Thriller experts and hopefully they'll come up with something.

*fingers crossed for you!*

I'm not much for psychological thrillers, but could it be C. E. Lawrence's Lee Campbell series, which all have "Silent" (not "blood") in the title? One of the books, Silent Kills, has its killer drain the blood out of the victims. Lee Campbell definitely has a dark side of his own, but I don't know what the killer's motivations were.

I'm not much for psychological thrillers, but could it be C. E. Lawrence's Lee Campbell series, which all have "Silent" (not "blood") in the title? One of the books, Silent Kills, has its killer drain the blood out of the victims. Lee Campbell definitely has a dark side of his own, but I don't know what the killer's motivations were.

What are you doing out of the basement?

What are you doing out of the basement?

Cracking me up, Conscious Bob!

James1der, there is something about the book you describe floating around the edge of my memory, but the only non-vampire book that immediately comes to mind about a serial killer who likes to drain the body fluids from his victims is T. Jefferson Parker's The Blue Hour. It's in a three-book series about Los Angeles cop Merci Rayborn, and none of the titles have the word "blood" in them, so I'm sure it isn't the book you're thinking of. It is, however, a great suspenseful read from an Edgar Award-winning author. I'll keep thinking. We're thrilled to have another thriller fan here on BAR.

Last edited:
Back