• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

A Quick Quiz

Madeline
15. Who wrote the song `White Christmas`?
Practically our national anthem
Irving Berlin Yay, well done :)

20. Who was the first Hollywood actress to demand and receive a fee of 1 million dollars for a single film role?
Elizabeth Taylor? Correct (for Cleopatra in 1963)

25. What did Marilyn Monroe say was the only thing she wore in bed?
Probably her skin LOL :D :D Halo got it, it's Chanel No. 5 perfume.

23 A Squidge off sounds as if it should have been something at the start of a Quidditch game. I can’t remember hearing about it in any of the HP books however.:(

Balmy Westwind said:
23 A Squidge off sounds as if it should have been something at the start of a Quidditch game. I can’t remember hearing about it in any of the HP books however.:(

No, not Quidditch. :)

Justin91 said:
4. Twelve drummers drumming?

Yes, well done!! :D

1. In the 1983 film `Christine`, who or what was Christine? A Plymouth Fury Car, well done Miss Shelf and Halo

2. In 1976, which single was knocked from the number one spot by a single whose title was contained in the lyrics to the first single?

3. What is the name for a group of goldfish?

4. In the song `The Twelve Days Of Christmas`, what did my true love give to me on the 12th day? Twelve Drummers Drumming, well done Justin91

5. Which chemical element makes up 92.7% of the universe? Hydrogen, well done Miss Shelf

6. The brightest star in the night sky and one of the closest to Earth is often called the Dog Star, but what is its official name? Sirius, well done Miss Shelf

7. Who sang the Christmas song `Driving Home For Christmas`? Chris Rea, well done Halo

8. Which English novel has been portrayed on screen more than any other? A Christmas Carol, well done Miss Shelf

9. Which ocean surrounds Christmas Island? Indian, got there in the end Miss Shelf :D

10. Which film starring David Bowie was based on the novel `The Seed And The Sower`? Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence, well done Halo

11. In `The Twelve Days Of Christmas`, what do the French Hens represent? Faith, hope and love, well done Halo

12. Which Scottish football team had the first top level all-seater stadium in British football?

13. What was the first food consumed by the astronauts of Apollo 11 after landing on the Moon? Bread and wine, well done Miss Shelf

14. In which James Bond film does the character Dr Christmas Jones feature?

15. Who wrote the song `White Christmas`? Irving Berlin, well done Madeline

16. In May 1984, Alan Pettigrew of Loch Lomond gained the world record from throwing what item with a distance of 55.11 metres? Haggis, well done Miss Shelf :)

17. In what year did Slade first have a hit with the song `Merry Christmas Everybody`?

18. Is it possible for a man in Scotland to wed his widow’s sister? No, well done Angerball

19. What is the longest river in Scotland?

20. Who was the first Hollywood actress to demand and receive a fee of 1 million dollars for a single film role? Liz Taylor, well done Miss Shelf

21. What was the first film that Alfred Hitchcock made in Hollywood and the only one that won a Best Picture Oscar?

22. In Literature, how is the character of Oliver Mellors better known? Lady Chatterley's Lover, well done Halo :D

23. What game starts with a squidge off?

24. Which famous fictional character was born on 31st July, 1981? Harry Potter, well done Halo

25. What did Marilyn Monroe say was the only thing she wore in bed?[/QUOTE] Channel No. 5, well done Halo :D

Miss Shelf said:
23-okay, I'll make a dumb guess-tiddlywinks?

Yes, well done! :D

Miss Shelf said:
Giving it the old college try:

3. a love?
No, there's two alternatives, one is "a _ _ _ _ _ in his eye" the other is an extension of the word following "double" when referring to twins, or siblings, or a couple of friends.

Miss Shelf said:
14. Never Say Never Again?

No. TWINE? ;)

I'm confounded. The only "double" extensions I can think of is "double-team" and "double entendre". I need more coffee, or maybe someone else will get this one! :D

Back