• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

A town called Alice

tigger

Has anyone read this, and what are your opinions? I expected to be bored and was very pleasently surprised at how good i found this book.

I haven't read it, because I can't find it! but my dad listened to the audio book and he really liked it.

Alice Springs Australia. Nice place. WW2 in custody of the Japanese soldiers, not a nice place.

It's a good read, I think but romantically situated at times..

I was also pleasently surprised by that it turned out to be better than I had thought it would be. I read it as an assignment for school like I'm guessing you were as well, tigger. It's not too common to read books that you expect to be boring otherwise.

I like titles like this that has a meaning that only is revealed towards the end of the book.

I saw the movie first, and then read the book. The movie is really good - it was a 1980 miniseries that stared Byran Brown and Helen Morse.

Back