• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Aaah! Lost bookmark!

Marge

Nooooo, it's too awful! :eek: One of the books I am currently reading is Le Comte de Monte Cristo (2), and I had a lovely art deco-ey bookmark keeping my place whilst I continued my PG Wodehouse and Harry Potter perusals ... and then I noticed it had happened -

- my bookmark is missing and to top it all I have lost my place in LCdMC2! :( It's not fair, I want my mum :(

What shall I do? Has this awfulness happened to anyone else too?

Not really, as I use post-its. But I once lost my very special, pale yellow post-it. It was a square, and a bit sticky :(

Never use them. I read until I'm done, generally. I don't pick up a book unless I plan enough time to finish it. Been working on magazines lately, though, and there I bend pages! :D

Thats very sad. Let hold a memorial service cause it is obviously dead. But anyways, I usually use 3 X 5 index cards that I use to write on or just have stuff written on them they work pretty good.

I feel your pain. :eek: My youngest (20 months old) frequently snatches the bookmarks from my books. So I either have to hunt them down and hopefully find them not crumpled up, or remember to bury them in the pages so they can't be seen and therfore plucked out by little fingers.

I usually use Post-its as well. However, you can't put the book down for too long, because with paperbacks the sticky part of the post-it starts wearing off the ink it's covering. :)

My dog ate my favourite bookmark. He didn't harm the book, but he ate the bookmark.

It was a sad, sad day. :(

My dog tried to eat a book!!! :eek:

He was chewing Dracula when I discovered him.
I could save the evil thing but one edge looks pretty chewed on. :D

My cat loves the tasselly bookmarks. He can completely destroy the tassel in under a minute.

Book Marks....

:)
I have little magnetic ones they hold over the page and can't drop out... :cool:

"Critics are to authors what dogs are to lamp-posts." :eek:

I have a garfield book mark... It rarely happens that I lose it or it falls out or something, but I almost always stop on a chapter and so I memorize what happened before and always memorize the chapter number so it's not really a problem for me :) .

Ashlea said:
My cat loves the tasselly bookmarks. He can completely destroy the tassel in under a minute.

Ah, yes...and they manage to lose your place while doing the destroying, too.

Delta_doh! said:
I have little magnetic ones they hold over the page and can't drop out...

Where did you find those? Sounds interesting & effective.

I have a worn-out Lord of the Rings bookmark I got from my H.S. library 3 years ago. I'm still using it. I also have a metal bookmark my parents bought me last year but it's extremely heavy and doesn't hold the pages very well.

You have to get the right metal bookmark for them to work. Those with curvy shapes seem to work best. Even better if they have some sort of tassel tied at the top.

Back