• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

About to be published but want to promote my writing via other works

dominicgaj

Hi,

I'm an about-to-be-published author (children's gamebooks) and am going through the process of promoting my book before it is released (blog site, announcement emails to interested readers, joining various reading and writing forums etc). One of my promotion tactics that I chose to employ was to write a mini-gamebook (short story); it was only 28 pages in length.

My question at the moment is, what avenues can I go down to promote this free book. I'm definitely not interested in paying people to have access to my book to provide to others, though, since I'm not going to earn anything (directly) from it.

Are there places on the internet where you can place free stories like this so that I can increase the likelihood of people reading my current (and future) works?

Thanks,

Jasan

Hello,

You've probably considered this already, but how about places like myspace and facebook?

Good luck with your writing. : )

pooh_bah

Hello,

You've probably considered this already, but how about places like myspace and facebook?

Thanks pooh_bah, I hadn't thought of these actually. In fact, I've never heard of facebook before. I'm vaguely familiar with myspace, though. :)

You could try making a squidoo page about your book, quite a useful way of promoting anything really.

My book review blog is quite new, but I have a page with links to free books. If your free mini book is online I will link to it. I will also review it and link to the for sale version if you would like.

Thanks Nick, that would be great (linking to my free book from your site and reviewing it). I actually have two mini-books now, and an on-the-shelf book as well (only released two days ago!). The link in my signature takes you to my site, where all three books are mentioned (and where you can download the two free mini-books).

I'll have to have a look at the Squidoo facility you talked about as well.

Thanks again,
Jasan

Back