• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Acorna? ...the unicorn girl

Jessica089

Hi, I know I haven't been here for a while. So hi again!

...Has anyone read this book? I have to admit I was drawn to this book by the front cover. It looks so pretty! And seems like a classis fantasy novel. I've yet to read it so I thought I'd ask those of you that have what you thought of it? Here's an extract from the blurb:

She was just a little girl. With a tiny horn in the center of her forehead, funny-looking feet, beautiful silver hair, and several curious powers: the ability to purify air and water, make plants grow and heal broken bones.

It sounds and looks good. I've heard there are more books with it, if it works as a series. I don't know when I'll get around to reading it...hopefully before it's due back to the library!

Let me know what you think/thought.

awww.ne.jp_asahi_kawa_semi_main_sf_mccafery_unicorn_acorna_l.jpg

I've read this book. I picked it up from my library, thinking it would have a sci-fi / fantasy mix. It's very much a sci-fi story and despite Acorna being an interesting character due to her difference to the rest of the characters in the book, I found the pace a bit slow for me.

I have read a number of the books in the Acorna series. I liked all of them. Actually, I listened to the audio version of them, but to me that counts as reading them. There were a number of days when I was listening on the way to work, and I wished my drive was longer than an hour, so I could hear more of the story.

Back