• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Adenture books

dawnfletch

kickbox
Hi was wondering if anyone could help me please.
I cant remeber who wrote them or what they was called,
they was adventure books when you read to end of a chapter you had to pick what you wanted to do next,it told you what page to go to what ever you picked.
I read them as a child in the 80s.id love to buy them & read them again.

Thanks for your help
Dawn

To Dawnfletch:

One step along from Choose Your Own Adventure was Fighting Fantasy and Lone Wolf. This added a further element to making choices: Rolling dice. This was part of a game system that included a sheet to record happenings in your adventure. This would have a direct flow-on effect as to how the adventure ended (success or failure).

I also read Choose Your Own Adventure and, futhermore, Fighting Fantasy as a child. I write books of this genre nowadays ("Gamebook genre").

Jasan

I enjoyed the fighting fantasies a lot... they were a step up from choose you own adventure books and was kool with all the neat creatures in it...

I enjoyed the fighting fantasies a lot... they were a step up from choose you own adventure books and was kool with all the neat creatures in it...
Hi Giddieon,

Did you have a particular favourite Fighting Fantasy book that stood out from the others? I always thought Creature of Havoc was a text that was written very well with the successful usage of new ideas, as far as gamebooks were concerned.

Hi Giddieon,

Did you have a particular favourite Fighting Fantasy book that stood out from the others? I always thought Creature of Havoc was a text that was written very well with the successful usage of new ideas, as far as gamebooks were concerned.

For sure i is Armies of Death... I loved that book...
They are great books and got me interested in reading when I was younger..

ff36.jpg

Back