• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

adventure movies

huxley

What are some good adventure movies you've seen in your life.

I thought I'd make this post to try to pick up some adventure movies that I've never seen.

The Oldies-but-Goodies:
'The Guns of Navarone'
'Robinson Crusoe on Mars'
'Flight of the Phoenix' (James Stewart/Richard Attenborough version)

Newer films:

I have to leave the newer ones to somebody else...haven't been to the films in over a year. I need to get out more.

Not an adventure, but if you haven't seen this one, you must: 'Crash'. (2006 release)

Hands down, the best adventure films ever made are the Indiana Jones series, The Last Crusade in particular.

Now give me five minutes and I'll probably change my mind.

Try The Mummy and The Mummy Returns. I love those ones, even if they're a little cheesy.

I also like National Treasure and the Pirates of the Carribean movies. I'm excited for the third one to come out!

Also, I don't know if it's considered adventure, but I really love Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

Do Vietnam movies count as adventure movies or just war movies?
Thought I'd ask because Apocalypse Now was quite an adventure, with surreal bits and dramatic bits. I enjoyed Platoon too.

But maybe you folks mean films more like Pirates and Indiana Jones?

Back