• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Alain de Botton

wilderness

Hey
I start my new job in a bookstore yesterday and I was given time to just walk around and read blurbs, and I came across this author.
I read the first chapter of his book Essays in Love...and I love it.
(I'm waiting till I get my staff discount till I buy it...but I cant stop thinking about it!)
Has anyone else read this author, and what do you think?
Lani

Its Alain de Botton, but yes i've read a couple of his books. The one i enjoyed the most was "Kiss and Tell". The author is facinated by biographies and wants to write one. But instead of writing a biography about some famous person he wants to write the biography of a normal girl. I've also read "the romantic movement" and "how proust can change your life". Pretty original and funny books but the author tends to repeat himself a bit too much.

The Art of Travel is also worth a look. Particularly if you're actually travelling somewhere at the time, so you can read the explanation of why you're feeling what you're feeling when you're feeling it.

Back