• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Alan Moore: V for Vendetta

Sonny673

aimages.amazon.com_images_P_0930289528.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
Upon seeing the poster for the film of this, I immediately ordered a copy of it at my local bookstore. Once I finish The Half Blood Prince, I'll start this.
Has anyone else read this and if so, how does it compare to Alan Moores other works?

Sonny673 said:
Has anyone else read this and if so, how does it compare to Alan Moores other works?
Hi Sonny... I've read this at a time when I thought I couldn't find anymore interesting trade paperbacks to read! :) I bought it quite hesitantly, but was relieved to find it quite good.

I like the way Moore wrote this one - it's smart and poetic. The story beautifully unfolds, but the ending is the clincher. I have a thread here somewhere imploring other V for Vendetta readers for clues!

BTW, if you haven't read V, don't go looking for the thread as yet.

What other Alan Moore's work have you read? It isn't up there with Watchmen, and it's better than stuff like League of X Gentlemen. It is about a dystopian future with an Orwellian government, and AFAIK he didn't do something similar, so the best this guy compares to is 1984. Of which is no contest - 1984 is better. :)

I know my next Moore I'm getting: From Hell.

ds

Read it a fair few years back now. Not perfect but pretty impressive all the same, and better than most of his work with the exception of perhaps From Hell and some of his 2000AD stuff.

Regards,

KS

They're making a movie out of this?!?!
How could I not know about this?!?!

I loved it! It was smart and hypnotizing, and funny in a sadistic way. I like how everything ties together so well. The plotline is very flowing. :D

After hearing about the movie I picked it up and read it. I really enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to seeing how the film turns out.

Also at the same time I decided to buy The Watchmen and I'm really glad I did. What a crazy ending.

Back