• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Alan Schom's Napoleon Bonaparte

Faran

Who else was as disgusted with this biased rubbish as I was? And why, in God's name, is it so celebrated!?

The Author seemsto suffer from a paranoid condition in which he fears we will not realize just how much he adores Duke Wellington and despises Napoleon.

While I admit that Napoleon was an aggrandized, maniacal, sadistic jingoist the purpose of a scholarly work is not to show personal opinion.

Rant about Schom's disappointment of book here.

reading it now

I'm reading his book now... but I can asure you it won't be the only book I will read on Napoleon.

I just recently got interested in Napoleon by way of a miniatures war game we have played twice www.nugamers.com Napoleon's Battles by Avalon Hill. I am totally facinated by the tactics...

Anyway, I was told the book is biased of-course, but since I checked in out at the library, I have nothign to lose. I always read several books on the same subject to triangulate my own understanding of the subject.

I'm sure this one by Schom can be balanced with another that has a favorbale spin for Napoleon.

The next book in line is "Swords Around A Throne," by John Elting (RIN).

Cheers,
Justo :rolleyes:

Back