• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Alfred and the Invisible Waffles

Umbrella

I wrote this late last night when I was hungry and wanted waffles, so instead of actually eating waffles, or anything at all, I wrote this.

Not everyone like waffles. Some people only like waffles when there is sugar on them, others only like waffles when it is not sugar on them at all. Alfred likes waffles no matter what’s on top of them, unless it’s something like crayons, tea cups or a remote control. Then it would naturally be a little difficult to actually eat the waffles, not to mention digest them. But otherwise, besides crayons and such, there are very few things which can be placed upon a waffle without Alfred desiring to eat it.

One day when Alfred was out for one of his strolls, thinking about waffles of course, he heard a voice. “Hello you”, the voice said, it was a mans voice. Alfred turned and looked around, but there was no one there. “hey, I’m right here”, the voice said and waved with its arms. “Where? I can’t see you!”, Alfred was getting irritated as he looked around for the carrier of the voice. “Wohoo! Right here!” the voice shouted in a singing tone. “Are you inside my head?” Alfred said suspiciously, “no, I am most definitely not inside your, or anyone else’s, head. There is simply not enough room”, the voice replied informatively. “But where are you then”, Alfred shouted irritated, “oh, if you really do not see me at all, I suppose that would be because I am kind of invisible”, the voice said casually.

“Invisible!” Alfred exclaimed, “wow, I’ve never seen an invisible man before!”, Alfred was most fascinated as he stared in the direction in which he guessed the invisible man was placed. “Technically, you still haven’t seen an invisible man, and I strongly doubt that you ever will”, the invisible man said educationally. “No”, Alfred agreed with slight disappointment, “I guess not”.

“So, do you want to come with me and eat waffles”, Alfred asked friendly. “No, I don’t like waffles”, the invisible man replied as though it was a matter of course. “You don’t like waffles!” Alfred was shocked beyond belief, “I do, but only invisible waffles”, the invisible man explained. “Invisible waffles?” Alfred asked in a dreamy voice, obviously very interested in further information. “Yes, they are much better than every waffle in the entire world put together”, the invisible man bragged. “Where can I get these invisible waffles?” Alfred demanded, his eyes shiny of excitement. “hm, they are quite hard to track down. You know, since they’re invisible and stuff”, the invisible man stared thoughtfully into the air, "but I think I know where we can find some". The invisible man pointed in a direction and started to walk towards the place where the invisible waffles were.

It's not done yet, but I wanted opinions on what I've written so far. I think it's for children, I'm not sure.

Back