• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Alice Borchardt: The Dragon Queen

Ice

Just wondering if anyone has read The Dragon Queen and what they thought of it. I enjoyed her series, Legends of the Wolves and was wondering whether or not to purchase her Tales of Guinevere books (as I was looking at The Raven Warrior earlier but as they didn't have The Dragon Queen, I decided not to bother buying it yet).

I really, really liked the 1st two wolf books, and I thought the Wolf King was pretty good. I would call this one pretty good, as well. Definitely worth reading, a lot more magical elements than the 1st series. The characters split up quite a bit so I get a bit annoyed when I'm thinking about a character that doesn't show up for 75 pages, and I was a touch annoyed that there wasn't more resolution by the end, since the 3rd book isn't out yet. But not to the level of WOT or anything.

I thought it interesting that both this book and the new King Arthur movie that's coming out this summer both emphasized Guinevere as a celtic warrior princess. Makes her much more interesting.

What I love about Borchardt is that her research is rock-solid, and her characterization of historic figures is so strong, they begin to define how I feel about that person. Her Caesar is so compelling, I have a hard time separating her character from the historical figure.

Back