• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

All I know is the plot

Batty

kickbox
Hi everyone. I just found the forum and have high hopes now. I read a book about 5 years ago and don't recall either the title or author.....shame on me! It involved 2 main characters who were both "getting on in years".....a spinster and a bachelor. They began corresponding and decided to meet and start a life together.
She took a harrowing train trip from the east coast to the west coast....back in the days when train travel was a real adventure. They did not get along once they met and parted ways. Eventually they do get back together and the story finishes up on the farm they are struggling together to build up. It's a fairly short book and just beautifully written.
It's funny and interesting due to the two very unconventional characters. I gave my copy to a friend who promptly lost it (so much for loaning books) :mad: and I've been trying to find it for some time now. I know this is all vague at best but any help will be greatly appreciated. Batty (Marcia)

hi, this sounds vaguely familiar, im probably miles away but did they make a film from it? i remember my mum watching a film similar to this, called 84 charring cross rd, sorry if im way off! :)

Hi Tigger and thanks. The book I'm puzzeling over is set in the US. As far as I know it has not been made into a film but I could be dead wrong. I sure appreciate your answer, though, and you've peaked my curiosity so I need to check out the book you mentioned. Thanks again, Bat

Back