• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Alternative Hobbies

I found an axe under someones desk today when I was attempting to make them move. It was old and rusty, and I want it for my own.

I am always embarking on some new hobby-journey. Recently it's been making soap and sewing handbags for all my friends for Christmas. My closets are stuffed with paraphernalia from my past endeavors - racquets, golf clubs, art supplies, half knitted scarves, cross country skis....

I attempted to make gardening my hobby this summer. It didn't work out so well... my bell peppers are the size of cherry tomatoes, my cherry tomatoes are STILL green, my yellow crookneck squash is actually some sort of gourd...I think.

So, I have decided that my hobby is trying new hobbies. ;)

Besides reading I love writing (in German, of course :D). For exercise I play soccer and love it. I'm also a big fan of a German soccer team (Kaiserslautern) and support them on the weekends. It's a lot of fun.

I ,too, get tired of doing the same things after a short while. I painted for a few years, then did tapestry. Now, I'm into cross-stitching. I was a fan of formula 1 racing until I switched over to basket-ball. Now, I prefer Handball ( only as a spectator, though). I also tried candle-making, scrapbooking and recently, I've started baking, which is something I never did before.

Back