• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

ValkyrieRaven88

Some of my friends were reading her, but I haven't read her yet. Would anyone reccommend her? Why did you like her, or not like her? She writes about vampires and werewolves, which I am interested in, and she was 13 when she wrote her first novel.

ValkyrieRaven88 said:
Some of my friends were reading her, but I haven't read her yet. Would anyone reccommend her? Why did you like her, or not like her? She writes about vampires and werewolves, which I am interested in, and she was 13 when she wrote her first novel.

Valkyrie, two things.
1. She wrote about vampires when she was 13 and...
2. She does not write about werewolves, she now writes about shapeshifters like werewolves, but they are in their own little world (like me) and are hawks, falcons, snakes, and some other less important animal/humans.

Her books are great, even if the form is a little shaky, but heck, she was 13. They all keep my interest (as you know is very hard) and they are about vampires. Who doesn't love vampires? If you don't, I will hunt you down. *kidding* I have a list of her books.

Vampires
-In the Forests of the Night
-Demon in My View
-Shattered Mirror
-Midnight Predator

Shapeshifters
-Hawksong
-Snakecharm
-Falcondance

*read them in this order or you will be confused. She writes like a series author, acting like all her readers have started with the first novel and have gotten to where they are.

Vespertilio91 said:
Shapeshifters
-Hawksong
-Snakecharm
-Falcondance

I have read the first one of these, and was quite impressed for being written by such a young author (is she about twenty or so now?) but wasn't blown away by any means. The story was a bit formulatic. I was pleased, however, that it wasn't the typical Romeo-and-Juliet storyline by any means (quite the opposite) but wished she had capitalized more on idea of shapeshifters and brought out the full potential of it. I don't know whether or not she does this in the later books. To me the shapeshifter undercurrent felt a bit forced, as though created simply for the reason of the war in a similar way that race and religion have caused wars in our world.

As for the vampire, I know nothing of them. I do plan to read Dracula this summer though. I also had a slightly disturbing dream once of George 'Dubya' Bush as a vampire. He went about drinking people's blood until I drove a stake through his heart. I am not even trying to be political, this is an actual dream that I had! I don;t know what came over me. No need to worry, though, as I would never kill anyone in real life as my religion forbids the killing of all lifeforms (except for plants, which we need to breath, and bacteria in the air that we breathe in, you know what I mean! :p).

veggiedog said:
I have read the first one of these, and was quite impressed for being written by such a young author (is she about twenty or so now?) but wasn't blown away by any means. The story was a bit formulatic. I was pleased, however, that it wasn't the typical Romeo-and-Juliet storyline by any means (quite the opposite) but wished she had capitalized more on idea of shapeshifters and brought out the full potential of it. I don't know whether or not she does this in the later books. To me the shapeshifter undercurrent felt a bit forced, as though created simply for the reason of the war in a similar way that race and religion have caused wars in our world.

She was about eighteen when she wrote the shapeshifter series, and is still writing the last one. They did seem a bit forced, and she explains so much more in the later books, especially Snakecharm. I believe her reasonings for the wars between the species were symbolic of what she sees in our world. That might just be my opinion though.

Her vampire series, even though written when she was even younger,:eek: are the better of the two series and are much more varied in type and are completely not forced writings. She wrote these well, and I encourage you to read all of them before you place a final judgement on her writings.

veggiedog said:
I also had a slightly disturbing dream once of George 'Dubya' Bush as a vampire. He went about drinking people's blood until I drove a stake through his heart. I am not even trying to be political, this is an actual dream that I had! I don;t know what came over me. No need to worry, though, as I would never kill anyone in real life as my religion forbids the killing of all lifeforms (except for plants, which we need to breath, and bacteria in the air that we breathe in, you know what I mean! :p).

Understandable. George Bush as a vampire would be a disgrace to their wonderful name. lol. That is very funny. Believe me, politically, any chance I could get to kill him, I would.

Back