• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

ancient rituals

shardvicens

I feel bad registering to find one book but I want to get the opinions of a wide variety of people because I want something very specific and havent come across much like it in my years of reading.

I am looking for a book about spiritual rituals that have been passed on through the ages and societies and religions. For instance, The Origin of Satan by Elaine Page is about how christianity absorbed a lot of symbols and rituals from paganism when it was first accepted widely, largely a political move by rulers at the time to make it easier for people to adapt (or, depending on how you look at it, to preserve ancient ideas through a time where a religion like christianity was more likely to prevail anyways.)

But recently I was researching about that starving yogi that made the news, and ended up learning about a black tantric yoga which led me to researching the Great Arcanum AZF which was apparently passed in the form of "heros gamos" by secret societies, ala the sex rituals in Eyes Wide Shut and Da Vinci Code and such. (Not sure on the reliability on that, I didn't spend enough time researching it to check the facts)

So what I am looking for is a book that attempts to compile all of these ancient rituals that have been passed down through the ages knowingly by high society types, or unknowingly by the collective consciousness. I have found books about specific examples, but not about how everything intertwines.

Anyone know of anything out there like that?

Back