• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

and now for something completely different

jenn

no monty here, just needed a hook.

what did everyone dream about last night. i'm a big dreamer and have very bizarre elaboratly plotted out dreams. i have practiced becoming an active dreamer where i try to program what i will dream about. i also have kept a journal of really poignant dreams over the years. i don't put much stock in dreams having deeper meaning, or prophetic tendancies. i just think they are amusing.
last night i dreamt (is that a word?) that i was visiting an old boyfriend in ottawa and we were going to a wedding together. i suddenly had to get home and he offered to drive. ottawa looked like san fransisco and we were driving and driving and really getting no where. overall not one of my more interesting dreams.

have you ever had dreams that stuck with you all day? or affected you so much you felt upset or happy because of it?

i once dreamt that i was in love with this guy i worked with and we had an affair, and for weeks after i felt awkward around him.

The other night I dreamt that our neighbor's trash was floating up out of our toilet.

I asked my son, "What do you think Freud would say about that?"

Son: "He's say, 'get out of my office.'" That's my boy.

Last night it was about me in a huge, formal hotel suite with a kingsized bed and I was trying to decide whether I wanted to live there or not.

I've got euthanasia on my mind. Just last week I aided George Bush in killing himself through some elaborate process, and last night I remember putting a colleague to sleep. I say 'put to sleep', because the colleague morphed into a cat halfway through the dream. Didn't strike me as odd at that moment, though.

Cheers

I dream a lot too! But I seem to forget most of them when I wake up.

When I recall some weird dream, I will definitely post here!

Oh yeah here's one: I dreamt once that my husband was having an affair with a common friend of ours. I used to like that girl earlier, but now I just hate her!
When I told my husband about this dream, he laughed his heart out!

I am not able to come out of that dream's effects even now, I still hate that girl!
I know, silly me! :eek:

Martin said:
I've got euthanasia on my mind. Just last week I aided George Bush in killing himself through some elaborate process, and last night I remember putting a colleague to sleep. I say 'put to sleep', because the colleague morphed into a cat halfway through the dream. Didn't strike me as odd at that moment, though.

Cheers
Thats one weird dream!!! Do you dream about putting TBF members to sleep too?

Martin said:
No, but I'd like to, though. :) (<-- oh, look, a smiley!)

Cheers

nooooooo martin, come away from the dark side.

i like your bed dream novella. i think i am a bit too fond of my bed, we have a bit of a love affair going on really.

i once had a dream that i ate an entire salt lick. i can remember very clearly it crunching between my teeth and when i woke up i couldn't get rid of the salt taste.

I have lots of weird dreams. A common one is that all my teeth are crumbling out of my mouth. I also have lots of dreams about wars and lots of sexy dreams too! Those one's are good but I always seem to wake up at the most crucial moment, then I try to go back to sleep, to try to get back to said crucial moment but it never happens. :(
I also once had a dream that I had sex with my driving instructor. That was a weird one and I could never quite look at him the same way again. Every time I had a lesson with him I kept thinking about that dream. Must have been a bloody good dream though as we're now together and have been for over two years, and may I just add, the reality is even better than the dream! :D I know, too much info, but thought I'd better add that incase he reads this. ;)

Genie said:
I have lots of weird dreams. A common one is that all my teeth are crumbling out of my mouth.

did you ever have braces? i did and i have many teeth dreams. falling out, crumbling, etc. a recurring one is that the brackets of my braces are popping off and i keep spitting them out but my mouth keeps filling with metal and i am literally chewing bits of metal.
another one is that my mouth is full of chewing gum and i am trying to get it out, but it is never ending and i am pulling on gobs and gobs of gum.

I recently had a dream that I was in Vegas and my ex was trying to steal my guitar. What's bizarre is that I don't play the guitar, but he did.

I suspect it's set in Vegas because it's been about a year since I was there last, and I went with him and he was a true prick the whole trip. (oi! this could lead into a "worst ex" thread....)

I also had dreams about my teeth falling out - nightmares rather. But I never had braces.

Genie said:
I have lots of weird dreams. A common one is that all my teeth are crumbling out of my mouth. I also have lots of dreams about wars and lots of sexy dreams too! Those one's are good but I always seem to wake up at the most crucial moment, then I try to go back to sleep, to try to get back to said crucial moment but it never happens. :(
I also once had a dream that I had sex with my driving instructor. That was a weird one and I could never quite look at him the same way again. Every time I had a lesson with him I kept thinking about that dream. Must have been a bloody good dream though as we're now together and have been for over two years, and may I just add, the reality is even better than the dream! :D I know, too much info, but thought I'd better add that incase he reads this. ;)

Nice one!! :)

Last night I dreamt about meeting up in my local pub with this guy that I like & just talking about anything & everything then us going back to my house & talking some more & one thing leads to another..... and the postman knocked on the front door at 7.20am waking me up!! :eek: :mad: Although, once I realised that he was delivering my 12 new books from Amazon, I was a little happier! :)

I usually dream about people I haven't seen in a long time. Old high school friends, an old BF I'm still on good terms with, dead relatives, etc.

Be careful Martin. Some people (read girls) might want to dream about doing certain naughty things to you!
What?! Sweet jesus, you log out for five stinking minutes (or eight hours, whatever), and you miss out on this!

I'm never logging out again. Period.

Cheers

my dreams are always very vivid. sometimes sexy (i talk in my sleep and my husband was CHOKED at me in the morning once), sometimes weird and sometimes totally violent and gory. funny, i can't remember last night's dream, but the night before i had a dream i was sitting in the passenger side of someone's truck. someone handed me a toddler (boy) through the window. the window wasn't rolled down. he wasn't my baby but he was being given to me. the poor thing bumped his little bum on the window as he was being handed to me and he started to cry so i had to comfort him. i recall the most vivid feeling of maternal concern and love. i have no kids so it was totally new to me. my alarm woke me up right then, so the maternal feeling stayed with me for awhile. very odd. and now i can't recall that feeling.

i have no kids. my husband and i have been debating on whether or not to have them. it must have come from that?

before i had kids i had a very vivid dream of being pregnant. i was laying on my back with my hands across my stomach and could feel movement. when i woke up i was gripping my stomach. maybe it was gas. lol

last night i had a dream that i had a breast reduction and instead of seeing a plastic surgeon i had my gp perform the surgery. it went terribly and instead of the normal method, he took the excess tissue from the outsides of my breasts so that they caved in. however they still were abnormally perky so they looked really odd. i was at a truck stop waiting to get picked up and kept showing people my new breasts to get their reactions on what the doctor had done.

Back