• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

And the winner is ...

So, which is it gonna be?

• Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Mystic River

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lost In Translation

• Master and Commander

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Seabiscuit

• Total voters

Martin

Alright. It's almost time.

For what?! I hear you ask?

It's time for the Acadamy Awards!!

So, which of the above is going to win best film (mind you, the question is is going to win, and not should win).

Well..?

I voted for the one, which in my opinion will win...nevertheless, I also think it should, although I must admit I haven't seen any else.

I have to admit I haven't voted yet, myself. There is one I have seen, which I absolutely loved, but I've been hearing all kinds of fantastic things about Lost In Translation, which I'll probably go see over the weekend, so I want to wait until then before I cast my vote.

Keep 'em coming, folks!

Cheers, Martin :D

I don't know which one I vote, maybe Seabiscuit or Lost in Translation. But I haven't see both of them film. Last minute I will vote.

If Lord of the Rings doesnt get it this year, then i'll eat my hat!!!

<Immediately hides all hats in the vicinity> :)

Phil

Me too!!!

If there is any justice left in this world, I think Peter Jackson should get one for the whole trilogy, if not for The Return of the King.

I saw it for the second time, the other day. Even better the second time....

Hobitten

:)

Agreed!

But!

That's why I why I said "which is gonna win", as opposed to "which should win". I think there's a big possibility that LotR:RotK is gonna get the technical awards, but not the major ones.

Oh, and why the $%#& (excuse my French) wasn't Sir Ian McKellen nominated as best actor in a supporting role? Well?! Well?!

let_it_all_out.gif

Originally posted by hobitten

If there is any justice left in this world, I think Peter Jackson should get one for the whole trilogy, if not for The Return of the King.

Precisely! But I have a horrible feeling that ROTK/Peter Jackson will be horribly overlooked again! It's absolutely criminal how these films have missed out on major awards (I need a smiley like Martin's to convey my feelings here.) Just look at the Baftas: Best Film (yay!!) but not Best Director (huh?) Surely to make the Best Film, you could argue that the person who made it is the best director?! Or is this too logical? ;) Look at what he did: made three excellent films, shooting them all at the same time and out of sequence, while keeping track of about three shooting units! What an achievement!

Couldn't agree with you more, Halo!

I read an in an interview in Empire Magazine (which I love) that Christopher Lee (Saruman the White) is going to resign from the Academy if Peter Jackson doesn't get the Oscar for Best Director.

My kinda guy!

Bow.gif

Damn you

<Slaps Martin about a bit>

Give me the cool smilies!! Gimme, gimme!! :p

Back on topic - Christopher Lee rocks!! He's always rocked, and always will!!!

Phil

Alright! That does it!

Now we're gonna have to fight!

streit.gif

See!?

Now give me back my smilies!
16.gif

I will be supremely pissed if LOTR does not win. I think a win for the last one will be a win for all 3, really.

Now, must go find that really cool star wars smiley to share. It's MUCH better.

Here's my vote:

Only saw three of them.

Didn't see:
Seabiscuit, isn't out here yet, but I don't think a film about a racehorse will interest me that much.
Mystic River. Never liked Eastwood, nor Penn.

Did see:
Master and Commander. Saw it, enjoyed it, talked about it a bit, completely forgot about it. Nothing more, nothing less. Ridiculous that it received 10 nominations.

Lost in Translation. Saw it yesterday, and immensely enjoyed it. Absolutely fantastic, and Scarlett Johansen should've been nominated, and should've won it. Miss Sophia Coppola is definitely one to watch! but ... not the winner for me.

Because ...

bounce.gif
The Lord of the Rings; The Return of the King
bounce.gif
is the cinematic event of my (maybe our) lifetime. This is what our 'era' will be remembered for. Peter Jackson wrote cinematic history, and therefore should win everything there is to win!

There you have it.

Its about time they win...LOTR was more than just a movie and it muchly deserved to win. I was quite pleased with the results!

Back