• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Andy McNab: Remote Control

Darren

I've just finished reading this book, and thought it was excellent. I could barely put it down!

Anyone else read this or the other books in the series?

I read 'Bravo Two Zero', his first book which was excellant (also his true story). I havn't had chance to read any others yet but I plan to read them all this year!

The books in the Nick Stone series are:

Remote Control
Crisis Four
Firewall
Last Light
Liberation Day (new)

'I approached the door with my back to the wall. Sweat running over my spine. It had never been like this before. It used to go like clockwork. In the Regiment we were taught to go on instinct. But in the time since I'd gained enough to worry about losing what life I had left.
I flicked the switch on the maglite and oval light projected outward against a family photo on the wall. It jolted me, knowing as I did, that I was about to kill this family's patriarch. The safety on my 'K' came off with a barely audible 'fluck'. I kicked out at the door handle and as the door flew open before me I came down to one knee and started firing. A whining sound filled the air.
I don't know what it was, my time out of the job, my inability to concentrate. All I knew was that I'd shot a very small terrier. The television was on but the room was empty, apart from the innocent whines of the dying dog.
I'd fucked up. Where were they?'

You know, Corso, I've met a terrier or two I'd like to shoot myself. Especially the continually moving type with the incessant yip-whine that think they need to sniff your nether regions before you come into the house.

Back