• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Anita Schreve

magemanda

Think I've got the spelling right...

Okay, I was highly recommended a book by this female author called 'The Last Time They Met'. I mean, the person who recommended it said 'you have *got* to read this book, but I can't discuss it with you until you're done'. I mean, they absolutely raved. So I duly read it.

And thought.... 'meh'. I mean, it was okay. Bit dull, IMO. But I suspected the ending (which I won't spoil for others) right from the start!

Has anyone else read this or any other books by this author? What are your opinions?

Hi, I feel that she's one writer out there who doesn't write stereotypical stories or stories that will surely please all readers. Instead, she writes stories about ordinary people who meet with unfortunate circumstances (eh, maybe not all are unfortunate ones).

Personally, a few of her titles that I like are Eden Close, Sea Glass, Resistance, Fortune's Rock and The Weight of Water.

While I am not an avid fan, I will still continue to keep a lookout for her new novels. ;)

"'meh'" was kind of my reaction too. I would read her before I'd read, say, James Waller Whatsis, but she's not on my 'buy sight unseen' list.

Back