• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Announcing the 2014 Theakstons long-list for Crime Novel of the Year...

janebbooks

Stuart Neville just announced his RATLINES has been nominated for Theakstons on his Facebook..
I think he wants that hand-engraved beer barrel prize! Here's the long-list: Who do you read on it?
I enjoy Neville and Griffiths...and always wonder why one of Lee Child's books are listed (guess he has dual citizenship).

2014 marks the tenth year of the Theakstons Old Peculier Crime Novel of the Year Award. The award, run in partnership with T & R Theakston, WHSmith and Radio Times, was created to celebrate the very best in crime writing and is open to British and Irish authors whose novels were published in paperback over the previous twelve months.
Crime writing’s most coveted accolade, the Theakstons Old Peculier Crime Novel of the Year Award returns to highlight the cream of the crop of crime novels. The winning author receives a cash prize of £3000 and a handmade, engraved beer barrel provided by Theakstons Old Peculier.
The 2014 Theakstons Old Peculier Crime Novel of the Year long-list in full:
    • Rubbernecker by Belinda Bauer
    • The Shining Girls by Lauren Beukes
    • The Dying Hours by Mark Billingham
    • Like This, For Ever by Sharon Bolton
    • A Wanted Man by Lee Child
    • The Honey Guide by Richard Crompton
    • The Cry by Helen Fitzgerald
    • Dying Fall by Elly Griffiths
    • Until You’re Mine by Samantha Hayes
    • The Necessary Death of Lewis Winter by Malcolm Mackay
    • The Chessmen by Peter May
    • I Hear The Sirens In The Street by Adrian McKinty
    • The Red Road by Denise Mina
    • Ratlines by Stuart Neville
    • Standing in Another Man’s Grave by Ian Rankin
    • Children of the Revolution by Peter Robinson
    • Eleven Days by Stav Sherez
    • Weirdo by Cathi Unsworth
Short list Announcement
The names of the six short listed titles will be announced on 1 July and YOU – the readers – will be able to help decide which of the six short listed authors will take home the most coveted title in crime fiction, a prize of £3,000 and a hand-carved Theakstons cask, by casting your vote online at: www.theakstons.co.uk.

Back