• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Another Man's Child

third man girl

Dedicated to piedro

I would prefer to explain this one. Again, it is written by Bryan. This time, he is writing about the relationship between his sister's boyfriend and her own child.
Incidently, (sorry piedro), her boyfriend is the guy who gave Bryan a pasting in 'Crimson Tears'. Yes, she fell for the man who was intimidating her brother. Silly girl. But, smile, they're best of friends now :)

Can I add: this poem was written with innocence. No hidden meanings.

Another Man's Child

The boy, barefoot upon the sand,
Tawny hair and sea-blue eyes.
He runs to me. A toddler’s run.
And stumbles to the golden ground.

Hands reach out. I scoop him up.
Body safe within my arms.
Nuzzle him against my face
Sandpaper to silken cheek.

I breathe his smell; shampoo, salt-air
And taste his lips, pink candyfloss.
Our laughter shared. A wave of joy,
And love for another man’s child.

~ Bryan ~

Third Man Girl

another beautiful poem
i have to say that through every poem of yours , the feelings ooze out and actually affect you

this one was a little simpler than the others. but i am afraid i am totally confused about your story! dont bother.Too little data to understand. just send me a signed copy of the first publication;)

Incredible stuff. Have you read any Robert Browning? He was the master of inhabiting a character and writing through their eyes. Fortunately, your characters don't seem to be insane, which makes it easier to be in their heads, I imagine.

Back