• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Another new one :-)

Annetteg

Hi, everyone,

I just joined the bookforum yesterday. I'm a writer who has been through the gamut of tradtional publishing, POD, epublishing and just recently, co-op publishing.

I grew up in Northern Ireland, but moved to London when I was seventeen, where I met my husband and have stayed ever since.

I love reading, I do book reviews as well as write, I've posted some on the site here, and quite a few are on amazon (I'm agisby) there.

My favourite book is "Beauty" by Sheri S. Tepper, favourite movie is "Moulin Rouge", favourite colour is blue. I have a confession to make, I also write (Shock! Horror!) X-files fanfic when I get a bit of spare time. :)

Looks like a great site here.

Annette.

Welcome, Annette. I love Sheri S. Tepper, but don't think I've read Beauty. What's that one about? I think my favorite of hers is The Fresco.

Dawn, Beauty is loosely based on Sleeping Beauty, but very very loosely. It is a very dark tale, a combination of fantasy, sf, horror and everything in between. There are various fairy tales thoroughout the book, but not in any form you may have seen them before. :)

On Beauty's 16th birthday, she pricks her finger on the spindle, but instead of going to sleep, her half-sister does, along with the castle's inhabitants. Cue adventures for Beauty, ranging from fairy land, to the past, and to the future, along with what could be hell. It's very interesting.

Take care,
Annette.

Hi Annette! Welcome!

Moulin Rouge is one of my favorites too!

We are about to read a Sheri S. Tepper book in another book club I am a part of! I have never read her before.

I look forward to talking book with you!

Welcome Annette :)

Glad you like the site. Just read your review - I'm hoping that one day, our library will grow into a great internet resource for books, sort of a cross between imdb.com and allmusic.com, but for book lovers :)

Darren.

Back