• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Another shooting in american uni

Eyezonme says, in part:

"People are taught, that there is no God, no truth, and no real reason to value life. They are taught that we are a cosmic accident, and not made in God's image. We are just advanced animals, etc. Do what you want. If it feels good, do it."

None of my teachers said stuff like that...

Eyezonme says, in part:

None of my teachers said stuff like that...
Ditto.

Tuesday morning, at my 8am British Lit. class, my Prof. didn't give his planned lecture. Instead, for the entire period, he led us in a discussion about what happened. It was nice. He didn't want to go on with the day as though Monday didn't happen.

He talked to us about our reactions, how we felt... he let us say whatever was on our minds. It was good for us.

Libra6Poe says:

"He talked to us about our reactions, how we felt... he let us say whatever was on our minds. It was good for us."

He probably thought none of you were in the mood to listen to him anyway...your minds, like everyone else's...were on the tragic events at Virginia Tech. Good for him.

Schools (and other so called “gun free” zones) will never be safe unless there are armed individuals there at all times. These murderers chose places where there would be little to no armed response. In a Utah Mall, a would-be mass murdering terrorist was stopped by a concealed firearms permit holder; at the Appalachian Law School, a would-be mass murderer was stopped by two concealed firearms permit holders; in Pearl, MS, a would be student murderer was stopped by an armed assistant principle, etc. Bad people using weapons are only stopped when confronted by good people carrying firearms. The Israeli’s learned this lesson long ago and now have armed teachers and guards at every school. This lesson has yet to sink in with America’s “gun control is the only answer” crowd. Gun control only leads to more violence unless you have a police state. Switzerland has less gun control than the US and the highest rate of gun ownership (75% i.e. 3 out of every 4 people, including women and children), yet has less violent crime than “gun-free” Great Britain, Australia, or China..

Bad people using weapons are only stopped when confronted by good people carrying firearms.

This is the most ludicrous and sweeping generalisation I have read in a while.

Eyez, I appreciate the points you are trying to make, but your making them is pointlesss unless you back up any factual statements with PROOF.

I have yet to see any as a result of my above request.

I saw a bit of it on the headlines. Il get hte news at one to see it properly. He seemed a little pissed off didnt he. Did he just not like the world or was it someone specific he was talkin too...?

I saw a bit of it on the headlines. Il get hte news at one to see it properly. He seemed a little pissed off didnt he. Did he just not like the world or was it someone specific he was talkin too...?

I'm not really sure, from the clip ive seen it sounds as though he was angry at all the rich and popular kids. I imagine he may have been bullied or felt like he didnt fit in so ran this vandetta against them?

Schools (and other so called “gun free” zones) will never be safe unless there are armed individuals there at all times.

Pre-school would never be the same again...

Anyway, I've not seen the video yet, I only just heard about it today at school.

Back