• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Anthony Horowitz

DemoPlay

Hello
I want to know what people think of him and his books.
i have read all the Alex rider series the best books i have read it beats Harry Potter because the alex rider books are about real things in the real world.
I started reading The Power Of Five series I read the first book Ravens Gate which was fantastict just like Lord Of The Rings but on the streets of london and other places.:)

I like Antony Horowitz's books. I've read all his Alex Rider books - escapist nonsense, but very enjoyable. I too have read Raven's Gate. It was pretty good (and quite nasty for a kids' book). He's a good writer: he does a lot of writing for British TV too.

I thought Raven's Gate was a load of hogwash and inferior to the Alex Rider series. It read like a cheap children's adventure series from the 70's with a load of C21st violence thrown in.

The only thing I've read by him is Raven's Gate, which I agree was quite horrific and intense for a children's book, but I found it fairly enjoyable, in an evil, ghoulish kind of way. I liked the odd quirks of the townspeople, they kept me VERY interested. :D

I'm not actually bothered by it being horrible and violent but I thought it was rather artificially done and out of tone with the rest of the writing which was of a level for 10's and 11's rather than older kids. The villagers were just cliched from start to finish and it sounded very patronising about Yorkshire and its quirky newspapers and streets and weirdo locals.

I wouldn't give it to any 12+ kid because it was so cliched and not inventive at all.

Isn't his latest just a rewrite of a book he wrote years ago? I read Raven's Gate, and it seemed a lot like his book from the 1980's called something like Devil's Gate.

I've read the Alex-Rider series and found them a good easy read but the endings could have been better as they left me with many questions unanswered anyone else find this?

Sam

henrietta said:
Isn't his latest just a rewrite of a book he wrote years ago? I read Raven's Gate, and it seemed a lot like his book from the 1980's called something like Devil's Gate.

I think you're right. I suppose they must be re-publishing the whole (re-written) series.

Back