• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Antonio Banderas and Chocolate

Irene Wilde

I feel a need to lighten things up a bit, so I will share with you a strange phenomenon I have been witnessing:

My 8-year-old daughter has been watching "Shrek 2" on DVD and it seems the allure is not the bright colors, the story line, or the snazzy animation -- it is the voice of Puss n Boots -- provided by Antonio Banderas. It seems the actor is irresistible to women of all ages, even when disguised as a cat! I have now heard her wandering about the house singing "La Vida Loca" (performed in the film by Banderas and Eddie Murphy), only with a slight change to the lyrics: "La Choca Mocha," combining the allure of Banderas and the allure of that other female favorite, chocolate. Does Banderas generate the same sense of well-being chocolate does? Is it endorphins?
Are these attractions truly universal, or is it only in my household?

Irene Wilde

Actually, RaVeN, it wouldn't surprise if you were attracted to something furry that licks its own genitalia, but that wasn't the question.

The question pertains to any potential commonality between Mr. Banderas and chocolate and their effect on females. You are not a female, so I don't expect either has the same effect on you.

Nice to see you back from vacation.

Irene Wilde

Irene Wilde said:
Actually, RaVeN, it wouldn't surprise if you were attracted to something furry that licks its own genitalia..

Nice to see you back from vacation.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Thank you. Nice to be seen.

RaVeN

Irene Wilde said:
This place isn't the same without you.

Irene Wilde

true, in you case, irene. i missed you. hope everything is fine with you. :D

Banderas? i think bobby was cooler than him. :p

I have been slightly under the weather and working long hours, but I did update my little unfinished piece in the writer's showcase, so I haven't been completely absent.

And yes, our very own Mr. Burns, has his own distinctive cool unmatched by any garden-variety cool.

Thanks for the good wishes.

Irene Wilde

It is so true that just the voice of someone can be so seductive.

Voices that make me melt:

my husband's (not kidding)
Jorma
Mark Knopfler
Bruce Lee
the man who arranges the produce at the market
Jason Robards

But do any of them make you want to sing about chocolate?

This whole thing is making me crave Godiva's and a trip to novella's grocery store!

Irene Wilde

You should hear the fruit man whistle.

When I feel like singing, I sing about rhubarb and lemons. The hub sings about chocolate. Bendick's Bittermints, the Mint for Men!

Ever heard the Suzanne Vega song "Caramel?"

It won't do
to dream of caramel,
to think of cinnamon,
and long for you.

Good stuff. But back on topic, I'm thinking listening to Antonio Banderas talk, while eating chocolate, sounds quite wonderful. Puss in Boots made Shrek 2 maybe even slightly better than Shrek.

Antonio doesn't do it for me as much as Ricardo Montalban. Cute YA movie is Spy Kids 2, where they're BOTH present. :D

Also "give me the whim-whams" voices:
Sean Connery
Patrick Stewart

Yum!

Yes! I watched the movie yesterday (incidentally while eating chocolate) and Puss in Boots made the whole damn thing worthwhile! My favorite line:

Fiona: Shrek?
Puss in Boots: For you baby...I could be...

Anyway...yes...Antonio Banderas is just as delicious and produces the same endorphin-highs as chocolate...clinical studies in progress.

You know, my daughter and I had both broke into the leftover Halloween chocolate during that film. I think we are making progress!

Hmmmm...

Irene wilde

a maxican friend showed her bf's picture to me. he is just like Banderas! but much younger.

cannot link Banderas with chocolates though.

Back