• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Any recommendation for the Pacific War?

Hello, everyone, I'm new to this forum.

I am a big fan of WWII, but I have only study mainly on the European and Chinese threaters, and didn't have a chance to explore the Pacific front till now.

I am currently reading Alan Schom's "The Eagle and the Rising Sun", in which is very well written; however, it only covers from the years before the war till the battle of Guadalcanal. Are there any books you guys recommended for the entire Pacific War?

Thank you very much.

I know this reply is late, but hey I just joined the other day. Anyway, I just finished reading "Lightning Strike: the secret mission to kill Admiral Yamamoto and avenge Pearl Harbor" by Don Davis. It's a great read about the battles of Guadalcanal.

I have more if you are still interested.

Recommend "The Rising Sun."

John Toland's "The Rising Sun," in print for about two decades, gives a concise overview of the Pacific War. It also includes interesting interviews with the soldiers of both sides.

Sheldon
www.kingofbombs.com

Back