• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

any tips for creating a story.

huxley

any tips for creating a story from scratch. tips or links. creating a story and starting a out line for it.

If you're having some trouble, this is a good idea.

http://www.writersdigest.com/

If you subscribe to the magazine, it wouldn't hurt to join the book club. I have bought many good and useful books from them, but you have to know what you're looking for. What you need to do is start a story and find the specific information that you're looking for. We can't help you with "How do you start a story?" We can help you with "how do you keep characters colorful" and "how do you use good dialogue" and such. In the meantime, give Writer's Digest a try.

I think that reading is one of the main keys to good writing. That may just be my opinion, but if you read enough you can usually get an idea of how you think something should look and sound.
Having a great idea is the first place to start. If you want to write, but don't really have an idea it's going to fizzle out no matter what.
I actually don't worry about outlines and stuff. I write what comes into my head and then I rewrite and rework it until it's what I want. I like stories that pull themselves together as you progress.

Back