• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Anyone Else Practice "Random Reading"?

That sounds like an interesting idea. It would be a enthralling experiment, testing the random factor to see what you like. But what if, like Anemnesis said, you're picky? I don't want to waste my life reading a meaningless novel. What do you think?

I give any book a chance, but there have come times when I realize I'm not getting anything out of it - or worse: I don't care what happens next. THAT tells me it's time to put it down and move on. There are so many good books out there to read, whether they're classics or biographies (I love reading those, along with historical novels) that I feel it's a shame to waste precious time on books I don't enjoy.

Yeah. Once I stop caring about what happens, I stop reading.

Sometimes I get curious about specific details. In that case, I might skim forward to see how that works out. Then I put the book aside.

Life is too short to waste any more time than you have to on a bad book. Once you know it's a bad book (or, at least, a bad book for *you*), it's time to move on. :)

-David

Back