• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

anyone ever read the Stargate books?

Ayan

there are several novels about the Stargate.... the movie itself was based on a book... and before SG1 was made, the original author sold the rights to the publishing co., who found a new author to write four sequals based on the ending of the first one... thus began the Stargate Series (each of the four books start with an R... i don't have the names with me atm, so i'll post them later...)

after the SG1 started, the publishing co. employed many authors to continue the novel legacy... the original four sequals don't follow the show, but the some 10+ novels afterwards, does use the current cast....

i've only read the first five novels (the original and four sequals) and wandering if anyone else has read them?

Unfortunately the series novels were not sold in the US because of copyright laws, so i havnt had the chance to pick them up. I would have if they were available, its a shame.

I read the first one, and remember enjoying it, but I can't remember much about it as it was so long ago.

i read them about two years ago, and they were my friend's copy... i need to get the books for myself....

compared to the show, books 2-6 aren't really that interesting... i mean, it's a great insight on a possible AU, but that's about it...

the other the books are, in order: Rebellion, Retaliation, Retribution, Reconnaissance, and Resistance

anything written after these five books, which i have yet to read, follows the show

all the info about them can be found here

Back