• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Anyone read L.J.Smith?

magemanda

I absolutely love this young adult's author - her books are great fantasy works.

I was following her Night World series with interest and snapping up each book as it was released, but suddenly they stopped and I'm wondering if anyone knows why?

I went to her website, or rather, attempted to go to her website. It did not load up at all...perhaps she's stopped writing?

I've not read her books. Can you tell us a little about them?

I found this from LJ Smith:

"To everyone who has been enquiring about my next book, I would like to say thank you so much for your interest and support. I feel terrible about making my readers wait so long for the last Night World book, but I'm determined that the series will be finished. Right now I'm hoping to deliver Strange Fate to my publishers sometime in Spring 2003. Of course, it will then take a little time for the book to be put in print. Once again, I'd like to thank everyone who has given me sympathy and support in these last few years. This has been a difficult time for me in many ways. One of the hardest things for a family to face is the life-threatening illness of one of its younger members. But it can also bring the family closer together and teach them to appreciate each day as it comes. In my case, it has also shown me how many caring people there are who are interested in my books and who are patiently awaiting the last one. Their kindness, coming at a time when writing has been impossible for me, has been more of a comfort than they could know."

Wow! Yeah, I guess I should cut her some slack then! Cheers for posting this up for me.

Her books all centre around a group of young adults who have supernatural powers. My favourite trilogy of hers is called The Secret Circle, and centres on a coven of young witches - male and female. There is always excitement, adventure and romance in her works. I'd really recommend them to anyone.

The secret cirlce is often overlooked but they are great books although I do prefer the Night world series but SC had lots of family trauma and secrets which was a lot of fun to uncover.

Back