• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Anyone remember this book?

WOLFHORSE

Back around 1970, I remember reading a book about a guy with violet hair and eyebrows with somekind of special sword. It was one of those Barbarian wandering around in the future after the first demise of man. I also rememebr there was some kind of threat in the water. Something called "Diss", I think. Basically one celled pirahnas. I also remember that at the end of the book, these "diss" began to act in mass to make themselves into humanoid form. It wasn't a big part of the story but just a little sidebar at the end of the story. Does that ring a bell? I'd appreciate any help finding out the author or title.
Thanks
D

AHA!!! I have this book at home, but since it is lunchtime, I did a bit of research. I searched 'ace double sf' (because I know it is an Ace Double) and found the following:

Age Of Ruin by John M. Faucette

along with

Code Duello by Mack Reynolds.

Thanks a lot

That's the one! I can't believe anybody knew it but thanks. i actually found a web page with a picture of the book and I remembered it. Now to see if the story is as good now as when I was 10. :D

Back