• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Arbitary April 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meadow337

Former Moderator
Lets see if the democratic process will work again.

Theme for April is:

arbitrary: based on or subject to individual discretion or preference or sometimes impulse or caprice

So be arbitrary in your suggestions. Be capricious. Be impulsive. I leave it up to your discretion.

Submit choices. We will vote. Hopefully voting will not be restricted to those who only vote for their suggestion stalling voting on 1 vote each. If it does I shall not resist the urge to say 'I told you so' :p

I wouldn't mind that at all. A reread for me, and a chance to understand it better.

I read about half it before but then got too busy with uni things and eventually abandoned the book. :(
I want to read it again though and finish it this time.

Is that it for suggestions? I'm going to close the suggestions on this today so any last minute stragglers get your suggestion in quick. I'd like to have this voted on by the end of Feb so we have all of March to read.

PS don't forget to read the two short stories for March Macabre - Discussion can start now.

Capricious or impulsive for April, eh? Oh, I'm tempted, oh am I ever. But I'll stand pat with my second for If on a Winter's Night . . .
Re March: Have read the Dahl, going to slog past that first boring Poe para .

Capricious or impulsive for April, eh? Oh, I'm tempted, oh am I ever. But I'll stand pat with my second for If on a Winter's Night . . .
Re March: Have read the Dahl, going to slog past that first boring Poe para .

oh go on, I will even add your suggestion to the voting.

I apologise for missing it. I don't know why I did and it was an honest mistake with zero malicious intent behind it. Do you want me to add it now because I will with pleasure?

Added and again a thousand apologies.

But I'm still done with BOTM. May is open to whoever wants to run it. And when voting is done on April, some one needs to set up and start the discussion. No-one steps up, not my problem.

Last edited:
I apologise for missing it. I don't know why I did and it was an honest mistake with zero malicious intent behind it. Do you want me to add it now because I will with pleasure?

At this point a few people including me have cast votes so I request that the book isn't added, I'll keep it as a future suggestion.

This discussion is now closed. If members wish to discuss the future of BOTM, a new thread must be opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back