• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Archie Comics

Libra6Poe

Homepage

I've talked about this comic book here before. I grew up with it and every now and then I'll buy a subscription still. It's been in my life for more than 20 years.

And now something wonderful has happened!

Archie Comics Introduces First Openly Gay Character!
This was covered on CNN last week. I've already pre-ordered it.
"Isn't it Bromantic?" - Ha! Only in Riverdale.

Earlier this month, Archie hooks up with Valerie from Josie & the Pussycats.
Interracial relationships!

That's all. If you're familiar with the comics, let me know what ya think.

I've been reading The Archies for decades.
Yes. I am that old.
I don't know that I have a favorite character. I kind of like Midge and Moose.
Did you know Jughead's real name is Forsythe?

Did you know Jughead's real name is Forsythe?

Sadly, yes.:confused:
I read quite a few Archie comics back in the day; I liked Jughead, Betty, Ethel, Moose & Mr. Weatherbee.

So, does anybody remember the Christian Archie comics? Al Hartley was one of the regular Archie artists but he also did his own series with a decidedly religious perspective. I had a few of those as well:
http://comicsalliance.com/archie-christian-comics/

So, does anybody remember the Christian Archie comics? Al Hartley was one of the regular Archie artists but he also did his own series with a decidedly religious perspective. I had a few of those as well:
http://comicsalliance.com/archie-christian-comics/

Oh gag! Yes! They were horrible.

My mom picked some up by mistake ONE time. He, Hartley, wasn't very subtle, the comics were rather in your face with the God/Jesus stuff. My mother was as Christian as the next person, but not so gung-ho as to want it shoved down our throats in a comic book. Never made that mistake again.

Haha yeah they were way over-the-top in retrospect; although they were mild compared with some other stuff I was given to read growing up in a fairly rigid church community. Two words: Chick Tracts. :eek:

I'm sorta noob so.... I love Jughead. I don't know. It's... Jughead. I mean, Jughead. Jughead's Jughead. That's pretty much an adjective.

The Death of Archie

140407091940-life-with-archie-comics-horizontal-gallery.jpg

CNN interview with Archie Comics CEO Jon Goldwater (son of Archie creator John Goldwater).

(CNN) -- Since 1941, comic book fans have followed the exploits of teenaged Archie Andrews and his friends. This July, they'll find out how he dies.

"Life With Archie" #36 hits stores on July 16, and CNN can reveal exclusively that it tells the story of how Archie sacrifices himself to save a friend.

Few details are known, but it seems fitting that Archie would go out a hero. The 37th issue one week later will end the series.

The "Life With Archie" series has been telling the stories of possible future Archie scenarios for the past few years, and so Archie will continue to be alive in the comics set in the present day.

I bet he catches a bullet while protecting Jughead in a run-of-the-mill meth buy gone horribly wrong.

Or it's one of the kids Archie and his cronies bullied in high school getting his revenge.

Back