• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Are The Rumors True?

-Carlos-

I once read, I forget where, that Capote is the true writer of Mockingbird and not Lee. Is there any truth to this? Can we ever know for certain...I wonder. :confused:.

awww.fantasticfiction.co.uk_images_n0_n773.jpg

I would have no idea. I bet Snopes would have the answer, but for now I'm keeping an eye out for this. I'll tell you what I can find.

it is interesting that it's the only novel Lee ever wrote......

I've always thought that was odd, to crank out characters like that and then just drop writing.

I haven't written anything so good, and I can't stop popping out ideas, and characters, even if I don't finish it all.

According to Snopes, there is a letter from Capote denying that he had any part in it. There appears to be some evidence that the character Dill is based on a young Capote.

Wow, I feel like that would shake the entire literature world! I just read up on it a little bit, and I didn't know that that was the only book that Lee ever wrote. that is quite an accomplishment.

Back