• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Are you an ardent Rowling fan?

Rate Harry Potter

• I am a HUGE fan

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • i like the books. they were nice

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • i have read them. they were ok

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • i have read them but didnt like them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • i havent and dont want to read HP

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

piedro

Do you like Harry Potter?

lets start this forum by first knowing how many people read Rowling's books :)

Have you read HP? will you read the future books?Are you an ardent fan? how much do you enjoy it?

i am a huge fan of Rowling. i am a member of a Harry potter forum as well.

piedro said:
Have you read HP?

I haven't read them, piedro, but my son has. He's currently working his way through the latest. They're not really my 'thing' so I can't comment. Sorry.

Third Man Girl

All I've read are exerpts, and that's more than enough for me to know that they're really not my thing. There was the audio book version playing in Waterstones one time, and I'm afraid I had to leave without buying anything it was annoying me so much.

I have read all of them, buy them on day of release and then rebuy in the collectors editions. I am not a huge fan, they are enjoyable enough to read and buy the films, and I urge others to read them. My whole basis for doing so is that I want to read them to be able to give my opinion on them, and I love books so why not get the nice editions.

I would say I am a critical fan.

Mxx

murphyz said:
I have read all of them, buy them on day of release and then rebuy in the collectors editions. I am not a huge fan, they are enjoyable enough to read and buy the films, and I urge others to read them. My whole basis for doing so is that I want to read them to be able to give my opinion on them, and I love books so why not get the nice editions.

I would say I am a critical fan.

Mxx
Same with me. I quite enjoy the stories and definitely plan on getting each book the day it is released, but I'm not necessarily an ardent fan of JK Rowling. I think she's written some fun books with an interesting storyline. I actually picked up the first book just to see what the fuss was all about and then went and bought the next three that week.

Hee - I did the same. The first one I picked up because of the hype of the forth book, and read them all so bought the 4th on day of release, and then the 5th. I even got the two comic relief books.

I am a fan of the stories, not really of Rowling. If she is to bring out another story separate from Potter, then I would be reluctant to buy it because I'm not a huge fan of the way she writes.

Mxx

Now im not saying i like them, but i was there in Tesco at midnight when they wheeled out the Fifth book, and im afraid my 'just happened there by accident' argument seems to be wearing a little thin :D

Yes, i love them, as i love reading all books that are good fun :)

Phil (still carrying a couple of bruises from the melee that took place when the book cart stopped ;))

I also own the Comic Relief books, Murphyz. I agree with you on not necessarily buying anything she writes not related to Potter. I happen to just enjoy the storyline so much, that her writing style isn't a factor.

My partner and I are working our way through #5 right now (takes a while because we've been reading it out loud). I love the atmosphere and great detail ... my only complaint about #5 is that it's taken Harry an awful long time to get to Hogwarts. Now that he's there, the story's picking up steam.

Back