• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Are you superstitious?

Do you believe in superstitions?

• No, and its ridiculous.

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • A little bit.

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Yes and try to follow them.

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lahondas

I have never been into this, but alot of people are, and there serious about it. ive heard alot of these superstitions, what have you heard. id love to know how many of you beileve in this or not.... :rolleyes:

It is unlucky to sit on a table before your married or if you want to be, you may never marry.
To predict the sex of a baby: Suspend a wedding band held by a piece of thread over the palm of the pregnant girl. If the ring swings in an oval or circular motion the baby will be a girl. If the ring swings in a straight line the baby will be a boy.
Placing a bed facing north and south brings misfortune.
If you say good-bye to a friend on a bridge, you will never see each other again. (CAUSE YOULL GET HIT BY CARS DUH!)
To drop a comb while you are combing your hair is a sign of a coming disappointment. (I ALWAYS DO THIS)
If your right ear itches, someone is speaking well of you.
If your left ear itches, someone is speaking ill of you. (WHAT IF BOTH ITCH?)
It is bad luck to kill a ladybug. (WHO DOES ANYWAYS)
If a virgin kisses a man who is married and has a daughter of the same age as the virgin whom kissed him, he will never impregnate his wife ever again, and the virgin will marry an older man.
More than 80 percent of high-rises lack a 13th floor.
Many airports skip the 13th gate.
Airplanes have no 13th aisle.
Hospitals and hotels regularly have no room number 13.
Italians omit the number 13 from their national lottery.
On streets in Florence, Italy, the house between number 12 and 14 is addressed as 12 and a half.
Many cities do not have a 13th Street or a 13th Avenue
The ill-fated mission to the moon, Apollo 13.
If you have 13 letters in your name, you will have the very bad luck.
Only very young women are allowed to bare children up and past the amount of 13 kids, but the older a woman, they closer her death if she bares 13 children. (ITS HARD TO BARE 13 KIDS AND BE HEALTHY ANYWAYS)
If you curse a blind and dumb man 13 times, and not in a row, you will have 7 days of no sight and 6 days of no hearing before you die.
If you cough 13 times naturally in a row, you will accustom heart problems the rest of your life.
If a girl loses her virginity at 13, she will have a hard lbitter life.
For all children both male and female, the most change in organs body brain and hormone, all begin at age 13. This being the hardest year for teeanagers.
...so what do you think?

lahondas said:
More than 80 percent of high-rises lack a 13th floor.
Many airports skip the 13th gate.
Airplanes have no 13th aisle.
Hospitals and hotels regularly have no room number 13.
Italians omit the number 13 from their national lottery.
On streets in Florence, Italy, the house between number 12 and 14 is addressed as 12 and a half.
Many cities do not have a 13th Street or a 13th Avenue
The ill-fated mission to the moon, Apollo 13.
If you have 13 letters in your name, you will have the very bad luck.
Only very young women are allowed to bare children up and past the amount of 13 kids, but the older a woman, they closer her death if she bares 13 children. (ITS HARD TO BARE 13 KIDS AND BE HEALTHY ANYWAYS)
If you curse a blind and dumb man 13 times, and not in a row, you will have 7 days of no sight and 6 days of no hearing before you die.
If you cough 13 times naturally in a row, you will accustom heart problems the rest of your life.

Wow, that is really funny! umm, so this 13 has something weird in it, huh? :rolleyes:

when i was 13 i almost died from a car accident, i got hit, and i didnt wake up for 2 days, alls i remeber is i was so damn hungry!

The thing about the 13th.

The 13th is a "unlucky, bad, evil etc.." day because on October 13th 1307 King Phillip of France had the knights Templar arrested and tortured, for a bunch of mabey bogus charges... Some say the real reason he did that was, he owed the Knights Templar alot of money and it was his way to clear up his debts. (<---- higley shortened by the way)

And that my friends is why the 13th is bad juju....

For Chinese people, the number 4 is the sticker. I watched a tv show with a secret camera, and they offered a load of Chinese young men room 44 on the 4th floor (ie 444) and they balked, refused the room and asked for a change.

I'm not superstitious; my favourite birds are magpies.. 1, 2, many, lots, i don't care!

:) Lynne

Back