• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Artemis Fowl

kittykat08

i love Artemis Fowl!!! when you read it you have to make your mind think which in my opinion is really cool. i dont know why people say it's like Harry Potter. In fact, it's quite different. Harry Potter is okay but it's way too simple and way too trying hard to be "wizardry-ish" for me. :)

It is most definately better than Harry Potter.It's like a mixture of deception and faries, a very lethal combination. It is not purely of one subject and it gives every detail. These types of books are hard to find. :rolleyes:

I think Artemis Fowl and Harry Potter are equally good, but they're very different. I don't understand why people called Artemis the new HP either, as you say they are nothing like each other. Maybe the publishers were trying to cash in on HP's success! Have either of you read Colfer's other books, The Wishlist and The Supernaturalist?

I'm going to borrow the Supernaturalist soon. I loved these books! I thought they were really good. I used to have all three but I lent one out and she lost it.

i have read Artemis 1 2 and 3. i have also read the wish list. im looking forward to reading the supernaturalist... it's supposed to be really good. :)

Artemis Fowl is my most favorite book ever!!! I haven't read anything like it, though some books come pretty close.

Oh yeah, I've also read The Wish List, and it's so cool that I still see Eoin Colfer's style portrayed when i compare the two books. I'm really hoping to read The Supernaturalist soon.

;)

I've read Artemis Fowl 1 -3 and they are great although the characters are missing some depth.

"Die Hard" with elves describes it very well.

I found the book to be 'ok' at best. It didn't blow me away like they did everyone else, but I deffinatly liked Artemis. Was it just me, or did the entire book remind anybody of anime?

i really liked Artemis fowl i just can't stop reading them. I geuss you could say im abcessed with them.

hehe so true

reading is like... you dont exist anymore, your there, if someone dies,you feel for them, you have no body, nothing, but you and the words...You have to carry on, or the world will stop, you have to be dragged out of the book, thik a fish thats been caught on a fishermans hook is dragged out of the water....

I have read the first book and enjoyed it. I was kind of worried, though. My little sister (about 8 at the time) read it and she didn't understand the difference between "protagonist" and "good guy." I think this book, when read by young children with big imaginations, calls for discussion with parent or teacher on right and wrong and how what the protagonist does isn't necessarily always right.

Just picked up the second book from the library (Deffinatly not wasting money on it) should be starting it next week...

Just wanted to share! :p

I've read the second book and it was decent. I really don't see the big deal about these books, they aren't bad, but I don't find them all that exciting either.

kittykat08 said:
i love Artemis Fowl!!! when you read it you have to make your mind think which in my opinion is really cool. i dont know why people say it's like Harry Potter. In fact, it's quite different. Harry Potter is okay but it's way too simple and way too trying hard to be "wizardry-ish" for me. :)

Harry Potter is a book about witchs and wizards who attend a wizarding/witchcraft school. I don't understand how it's trying too hard to be "wizardy-ish".

Back