• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Arthur Miller's plays

Dayspring

Hello, I just finished reading Arthur Miller's plays: "Death of a Salesman" and "All my Sons." I love them both. Has anyone in this forum read or watched his plays? It would be great to hear other readers' opinions about his work.

I read Death of a Salesman years ago in High School. I've been thinking about a re-read, but as with many things, I haven't gotten to it.

Have you read The Crucible?

Reply to mehastings

No, I haven't read The Crucible yet. I was going to get it from my school library, but we can't check books out now since it's the end of the semester......:'-(

I am wondering about how people who have lived through Great Depression and postwar period think about the plays. Death of a Salesman reflected the Great Depression (though the background is not based on Great Depression); All My Sons is in the postwar period but haunted by all the things that happened before and during World War II.

No, I haven't read The Crucible yet. I was going to get it from my school library, but we can't check books out now since it's the end of the semester......:'-(

You should try to get your hands on a copy. I liked it quite a bit! I bet you can find it pretty cheap at a used book shop, or get it free at your local library after school is over.

I am wondering about how people who have lived through Great Depression and postwar period think about the plays...

Ah, I'm not that old anyway!

You should try to get your hands on a copy. I liked it quite a bit! I bet you can find it pretty cheap at a used book shop, or get it free at your local library after school is over.

My local library has two, but one of them is missing and one of them is over due...that's awful that I can't find books I want to read in the local library, our library is too small. I searched for Grapes of Wrath and they don't have it, either. Guess I'll get The Crucible in the future when I get a chance. This book sounds like a very interesting one to you.

Ah, I'm not that old anyway!

All right, I see...:D

Hi,
Thanks your kind information about Plagiarism. Plagiarism is a serious and growing problem on the Web. At any moment, anyone in the world can copy your online content and instantly paste it onto their own site. After making minor changes, they will claim your content as their own.

I read both Death of a Salesman and The Crucible in college. I took my wife to see The Crucible at a small community theature a couple of years ago. Of Arthur Miller I can only say give me more.

Back