• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Assassin Novel

Steven S.

Hello people of BookandReader.com,

I have a very specific request for you. I am looking for a book about assassins. But not any type, particularly those of the medieval times. And if I were to become more specific about the book I would say that I would prefer if it was from the point of view of the assassin and doesn't switch between characters.

I found something remarkably similar to my tastes recently. I was looking for a game for my son, when I came across a yet to be released title called Assassin's Creed, by a company named Ubisoft. While the game itself doesn't really interest me, It is set in the Crusades (Particularly the 3rd if I remember) and the main character of the game is an assassin, that goes about offing the leaders of the Crusade. That is pretty relevant to my interests, however I have been unable to find a book that is like that.

Thankyou for your time and any and all recomendations would be readily accepted. I almost forgot to mention while I like the ideas of the medieval times, I also enjoy a bit of fantasy from time to time, so if the story consisted of a bit of magic or that sort of thing, that is also fine. However a more non-fiction basis is also good.

Hmmm. Elizabeth Haydon's fantasy series that starts with Rhapsody has a quite interesting take on an assassin, and though it does switch between characters, it is partly from the assassin's point of view.

Maria Snyder's series that starts with Poison Study is another fantasy series, again with a unusual situation and is quite a good read.

Robin Hobb has also written a very good fantasy trilogy where the main character is an assassin, her Farseer trilogy that starts with Assassin's Apprentice.

Unfortunately, I can't help you with more literal ones... but if I think of any more fantasy ones, I'll come back. (I have a sneaking suspicion that there are two or three more that I ought to have thought of immediately, and haven't, lol.)

Another assassin book: I'm reading Across the Nightingale Floor by Lian Hearn. I'd heard great things initially and requested it from the library, then saw some poor reviews. So it's been sitting here for a while, since I wasn't expecting to like it--- finally picked it up a couple days ago, and so far, am REALLY enjoying it and plan to get the rest of the series.

Back