• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Astonishing book find in attic...

atticus630

While going through some old boxes at a neighbors house I came across a book entitled "Perley's Reminiscences of Sixty Years in the National Metropolis" by Ben Perley Poore. As I was flipping through the book I noticed that Mr. Poore had actually signed the book: Faithfull Yours, Ben Perley Poore.

I don't know much about the book or if it has any significance to the literary world. I know Mr. Poore was quite influential in Washington during the 19th century and the Civil Ear Era as a columnist.

If anyone has any information on Ben Perley Poore and this book please let me know. Maybe someone could tell me the value of the book if they are somewhat knowledgable in that area.

Thank you,
Mr. Vine

Some listings on abebooks...

I'd also include a link to alibris, but I can't figure out how to link to a completed search on it. There are listings there, also.

Try searching by "Ben Perley" for author and "national" in the title space.

I didn't really read through the descriptions, just skimmed, but didn't see any that mentioned being signed. You might be able to get an idea from these prices based on the editions and conditions listed, but for better details, since being signed it might well be one of the earlier editions, you might be best off talking to someone who deals in valuable books.

But at least I can give you the idea that yeah, it might be worth looking in to.

Back