• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Attention Kindle owners: Amazon/eBooks Antitrust Settlement

sparkchaser

Administrator and Stuntman
Staff member
All you Kindle owners be sure to check their email -- you might have a pleasant surprise:

Dearest sparkchaser,

Good news! You are entitled to a credit of $12.41 for some of your past Kindle book purchases. The credit results from legal settlements reached with publishers Hachette, HarperCollins, Simon & Schuster, Macmillan, and Penguin in antitrust lawsuits filed by State Attorneys General and Class Plaintiffs about the price of eBooks.

You don't have to do anything to claim your credit, we have already added your credit to your Amazon account. We will automatically apply your available credit to your next purchase of a Kindle book or print book sold by Amazon.com, regardless of publisher. The credit applied to your purchase will appear in your order summary. If your account does not reflect this credit, please contact Amazon's customer service.

For more information about the settlements, please visit www.amazon.com/ebooksettlements

Your credit is valid for one year and will expire after 03/31/2015. If you have not used your credit, we will send you another email 90 days before it expires to remind you that it is still available.

Thanks for being a Kindle customer.

The Amazon Kindle Team

Settlement ID:
stringofrandomdigits

All you Kindle owners be sure to check their email -- you might have a pleasant surprise:

Your settlement is probably $50 :rofl

Hah, Ho! $0.73. /rubbing my eyes/

I once did get a huge annual refund from Borders. Probably why the went out of business. :(

But, many thanks for the heads up. Discovered an email from a long lost cousin. Yay and hooray!

So, all things conspire for good in this best of all possible worlds. (I think somebody said something like that.) This is my new Springtime optimism showing. :D

I received a big 8.08 USD.
A friend on another forum got back almost 45 USD though. Not bad.
Of course, mine is already spent.....oh, no, wait.....I've got .77 cents left. :D

They're not giving me anything, nor have I received an email. Perhaps it's for American Kindle owners only?

I'll give you the $22 US if we can get away from the mad-for-litigation society o'er here in the colonies.

Burn yourself spilling coffee? Sue. Cut your toe off because you stuck it under the mower? Sue. Come out of an accident in which the at-fault party died unscathed either financially or physically? Sue. That last one actually happened to a friend of mine. Bury your wife, head right off to court to defend yourself from an "emotional distress" lawsuit.

Back